Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your school hours?
- Do you have yellow bus service to and from school?
- Are SEPTA Transpasses available to students?
- Does DePaul Catholic offer child care before the school day?
- Is there an after school child care program at DePaul?
- Is there a way for parents to volunteer or stay involved in the school?
- What is Blended Learning?
- Do students need to be Catholic to attend DePaul Catholic?
What are your school hours?
Doors open for all students at 7:45. Pre-K through 8th grade, are required to be in school by 8:05am. For students in grades Pre-K through 5th grade dismissal is at 3:15pm. Vincentian Academy students (6-8th) are dismissed at 4:15pm Monday through Wednesday, and 3:15pm on Friday. Please refer to monthly VA calendar for changes to the Extended Day schedule. Dismissal on Thursdays is at 2:00 for the entire school.
Do you have yellow bus service to and from school?
Yes, we have yellow bus services for students in grades 1-6 who live more than 1.5 miles from DePaul Catholic. Transportation requests must be filled out during the enrollment process. If your address changes during the school year, you must alert the Business Office.
Are SEPTA Transpasses available to students?
Transpasses are available to 7th and 8th graders who live more than 1.5 miles away and qualify through the School District of Philadelphia Department of Transportation. Passes are distributed every Friday.
Does DePaul Catholic offer child care before the school day?
Yes. Before Care begins at 7AM and any student can register. There is a $10 registration fee. Parents pay $35/month in the main office.
Is there an after school child care program at DePaul?
K-8 grades: Catholic Social Services offers an after school care program at DePaul called "Out Of School Time" (OST). OST provides activities and supervised homework help until 6:00 pm. Students in grades 6 – 8 may also attend OST after their Extended Day Program (M-Th) and Fridays for leadership activities and training, and sports activities/game room. The OST Program is open all days that school is in session, as well as half days and full day faculty in-service days. For more information please call 215-848-1740.
Pre-K 3 & Pre-K 4: Child care from 3:15-6pm is offered for preschool students. There is a registration fee of $10. Parents pay $35/month in the main office.
Is there a way for parents to volunteer or stay involved in the school?
Yes, studies show the more a family member is involved in their child's education, the more prepared and likely they are to go to college. DePaul's families participate in the Home and School Association, a group of parent volunteers. They meet the first Wednesday night (subject to change) of each month from 6-7pm. Questions about other volunteer opportunities can be directed to the Home and School Association and homeroom teachers.
What is Blended Learning?
In 2013, DePaul partnered with Seton Education Partners to integrate an innovative blended learning into it's curriculum. All students in Kindergarten through 8th grade participate in this program, which has two key elements:
• Small group instruction: Students spend the majority of their day in small group instruction with their teacher. Teachers use student assessment data to ensure that their instruction is tailored to the needs of their students.
• Individualized Learning Path: When students are not in small group instruction with their teacher, they are logged into Chrome books, working on their individualized learning path. Their individualized learning path identifies the exact skills that a student needs to develop and provides them with text, lessons, and practice opportunities that will develop these skills.
Do students need to be Catholic to attend DePaul Catholic?
No. DePaul welcomes students of all faiths. This is one of the most commonly asked questions here at the school. Over 75% of our student body is non-Catholic.